Long Hard Road Out of Hell

 The book "Long Hard Road Out of Hell" is a biographical book written by Brian Hugh Warner, the industrial metal singer known worldwide as "Marilyn Manson", and Neil Strauss as a ghostwriter.




I read this book during March and April 2019. I did it digitally because books are very expensive and books like this are hard to get. I found out about this book because at the time I was a big fan of Marilyn Manson as an icon of the 2000's, so in my spare time I decided to read it.  I like this book because it helps to understand how a normal person, educated in a religious school, ends up becoming the "Antichrist Superstar".

In this long journey he shows how he was abused as a child, rejected as an adolescent and rebellious as an adult. as a method to survive. He talks about how in his life he was always connected to this religious, esoteric, sadistic and immoral world, mainly because of a "gene" from his grandfather. 

He also talks about how drug use ends up almost killing him on several occasions, both by overdose and by actions such as being thrown into a pool under the effect of LSD, all this happening before and during the recordings of the album that would lead him to worldwide fame, being this "Antichrist Superstar".



Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My top 5 favorite manga of all time

The dream of returning to Japan